Contrast harmonic imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic tumors
Read Online
Share

Contrast harmonic imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic tumors

  • 54 Want to read
  • ·
  • 72 Currently reading

Published by Springer in Tokyo, London .
Written in English

Subjects:

  • Liver -- Cancer -- Imaging.,
  • Liver -- Tumors -- Diagnosis.

Book details:

Edition Notes

StatementMasatoshi Kudo.
The Physical Object
Paginationxxvi, 257p. :
Number of Pages257
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL22017037M
ISBN 10443100002X

Download Contrast harmonic imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic tumors

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

Combining harmonic technology and an ultrasound contrast agent, harmonic imaging now plays a vital role in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic tumors. Contrast harmonic imaging is especially valuable in cases of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the incidence of which has risen dramatically in Europe, North America, and Asia in recent years. If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to reset your password. Kudo M. () Differential Diagnosis of Various Hepatic Tumors by Harmonic Imaging. In: Contrast Harmonic Imaging in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hepatic Tumors. Springer, TokyoAuthor: Masatoshi Kudo. to those in humans. Therefore, CHI is thought to be useful for the diagnosis of HCC and metastatic hepatic HSA in dogs as well as in humans. KEY WORDS: canine, contrast harmonic imaging, hemangiosarcoma, hepatocellular carcinoma, Levovist. J. Vet. Med. Sci. 68(5): –, Contrast harmonic imaging (CHI) is the state of the art in.

To assess the accuracy of pattern-based classification of contrast material-enhanced wideband harmonic gray-scale ultrasonographic (US) images in the differential diagnosis of hepatic tumors. Six adult healthy Beagles were used to investigate the hepatic perfusion dynamics of Levovist, a contrast agent used in contrast harmonic imaging (CHI). In addition, 8 dogs with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and 2 dogs with metastatic hepatic hemangiosarcoma (HSA) were used to characterize both the CHI findings with by: Request PDF | Hepatic Tumors: Contrast Agent-Enhancement Patterns with Pulse-Inversion Harmonic US1 | To evaluate contrast agent-enhancement patterns in hepatic hemangiomas, hepatic metastases. Differential Diagnosis of Various Hepatic Tumors by Harmonic Imaging.- The Roles of Contrast-Enhanced Harmonic Imaging in Treating Hepatocellular Carcinoma.- Postvascular Phase Sweep Scan Using Liver-Specific Imaging.- The Role of Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasonography in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hepatic Tumors (Summary).-

Role of Harmonic Imaging in the Characterization of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Low-Grade Dysplastic Nodule Detection of Arterial and Portal Flows in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Contrast-enhanced harmonic imaging 8, 10, 11, 18 detects intratumoral vascularity in more than 95% of HCCs; no blood signals are observed only in the remaining 5%. Benign hepatic tumors include a broad spectrum of regenerative and true neoplastic processes. Because of advances in imaging studies such as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as well as progress in immunohistochemistry, accurate diagnosis can now be made in a large percentage of patients without surgical laparotomy or resection.   Few fields of medicine have witnessed such impressive progress as the diagnosis and treatment of liver tumors. Advances in imaging technology, the development of novel contrast agents, and the introduction of optimized scanning protocols have greatly facilitated the non-invasive detection and characterization of focal liver lesions. Furthermore, image-guided techniques for percutaneous 5/5(1). PURPOSE: To evaluate contrast agent–enhancement patterns in hepatic hemangiomas, hepatic metastases, and hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs) at pulse-inversion harmonic ultrasonography (US) with a microbubble contrast agent. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Twenty hepatic hemangiomas in 20 patients and 41 malignant hepatic tumors in 23 patients (33 metastases and eight HCCs) were Cited by: